Kentucky Derby Betting Strategies

Kentucky Derby Betting Strategies

Kentucky Derby Betting StrategiesThe 2024 Kentucky Derby will be a year to remember for fans of “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports.” This is because it marks the 150th Run for the Roses which is an important milestone for the Churchill Downs. To celebrate this momentous occasion, here is a Kentucky Derby Betting Strategies and Tips from expert horse bettors.

This year, the Kentucky Derby will be held on May 4, 2024 with the first race starting at 6:57PM ET. However, the live coverage will begin at 2:30 PM ET and can be seen on the NBC and USA TV channel. Before we begin this tutorial, let’s first go over why everyone is making a big deal about the Kentucky Derby.

For starters, horse racing is huge. According to the latest estimates, around 1.45 billion people watch or bet on horses. In fact, horse racing is of the oldest and most popular sports in the world dating back to 600 to 40 B.C.

For horse bettors, the Kentucky Derby is one of the 3 major horse racing events in the US. In addition, it is the first leg of the American Triple Crown. Therefore, for bettors planning on making a future bet on the Triple Crown, this is an important pick.

>> Click Here to Learn More About the Kentucky Derby

Before we begin, why are people making such a big fuss about the Kentucky Derby? I mean, according to the latest estimates, around 1.45 billion people watch or bet on horses. Furthermore, horse racing is of the oldest and most popular sports in the world. Therefore

So, are you ready to learn some helpful Kentucky Derby wagering strategies to improve your odd of winning? Then put on your learning cap, start sipping on your mint julep and keep reading!

Kentucky Derby Betting Strategies and Tips

Kentucky Derby Betting Strategies and TipsThe Dutching System – The Dutching System is a popular betting strategy used in horse racing (and other sports) that allows bettors to back multiple outcomes within a single event. Instead of placing a single bet on one horse, the Dutching System involves spreading your stakes across two or more runners in a market.

Thus, you allocate your bets proportionally based on the odds or prediction of which horse is most likely to win. The goal is to ensure that no matter which selection wins, you’ll make the same amount of profit.

Laying the Favorite – Laying the Favorite in horse betting is a strategy where you bet against the favorite to win. Instead of backing the favorite, you take the opposite approach and believe that another horse in the race will come out on top.

Just Remember that laying the favorite requires analysis and understanding of the market. It’s about finding opportunities where the favorite appears weak and overpriced. So, next time you’re at the races, consider taking on the favorite!

The 80/20 Horse Betting Strategy – The 80/20 Horse Racing Betting Strategy is a straightforward approach that involves splitting your wager between two horses. Basically, you allocate 80% of your total stake to one horse and 20% to another. Therefore, the 80% goes on the horse that is more likely to win (the favorite). Last, the remaining 20% backs the outsider (a less-favored horse).

Latest 2024 Kentucky Derby Betting odds

Prg # Horse Odds
1 Dornoch 20-1
2 Sierra Leone 3-1
3 Mystik Dan 20-1
4 Catching Freedom 8-1
5 Catalytic 30-1
6 Just Steel 20-1
7 Honor Marie 20-1
8 Just a Touch 10-1
9 Encino 20-1
10 T O Password (JPN) 30-1
11 Forever Young (JPN) 10-1
12 Track Phantom 20-1
13 West Saratoga 50-1
14 Endlessly 30-1
15 Domestic Product 30-1
16 Grand Mo the First 50-1
17 Fierceness 5-2
18 Stronghold 20-1
19 Resilience 20-1
20 Society Man 50-1
21 Epic Ride 30-1


Open a Racebook with for as Little as $2 Per Player

the First 2 Weeks Are FREE with No Deposit necessary and No Obligation!

Call us at 1-866-500-4934 or email us at [email protected] for more details

Bookie Pay Per Head Service

Read More Horse Betting Tutorials