Oscar De La Hoya was Hospitalized Before Boxing Comeback
Legendary boxer Oscar De La Hoya was hospitalized for the coronavirus. It was according to his social media posts. Also, he said that he was fully vaccinated. However, his hospitalization delayed the boxer’s return to the ring.
De La Hoya’s last fight was thirteen years ago. He had been preparing for the fight for the last couple of months. However, he had to put the fight on hold. He thanked his fans for their support. Also, De La Hoya hopes that he can get back in the ring before the year ends.
In a video he posted, De La Hoya said that he has been taking care of himself. But, also, he is disappointed about it. The Golden Boy was supposed to fight Vitor Belfort on September 11. However, due to the circumstances, the promoter had to cancel it.
Oscar De La Hoya was Hospitalized
Evander Holyfield will replace De La Hoya for the fight against Belfort. De La Hoya is a ten-time champion in six weight classes. According to pay per head sportsbook reports, the International Boxing Hall of Fame inducted the Golden Boy in 2014. Also, Ring Magazine named him the best pound-for-pound boxer in 1997 and 1998.
De La Hoya won a gold award as a lightweight in Barcelona in 1992, the lone US contender to be Olympic top dog that year. He battled in probably the most critical expert sessions ever, battling other Hall of Famers multiple times.
He crushed Julio Cesar Chavez two times, Arturo Gatti, Hector Camacho, and Pernell Whitaker. However, he lost to “Sugar” Shane Mosley two times, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Bernard Hopkins, and Felix Trinidad.
He likewise lost to Manny Pacquiao, a future Hall of Famer. His record in world title battles is 24-5. De La Hoya started Golden Boy Promotions in 2002.
Becoming a bookie is easy with a PPH solution. Learn how much bookies make and become one yourself.